Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Here we go!!! Surtex 2015!!



It's that time of year.  And this year I'm a veteran.  I know how it all works, don't need to get into a state, it'll be ten times easier this time round. Won't it?
I'm panicking because I feel like I was way ahead with the planning last year but yesterday I had a look through my 'to do' lists from back then and actually I wasn't.  I started preparing in the second week of Mar.  So I'm only a week behind.  Last year I was confused about every tiny detail, the size of the booth, how I'd hang, display, transport things.  I nervously read every line of the exhibitor manual.
It reminded me of when I brought my first new baby home and the idea of her growing teeth and eating real food and not wearing nappies was an alarming prospect in the future and I had no idea how we would do all that.  Obviously, when I brought the second new baby home there were no daunting mysteries and I felt confident that his baby years would be much easier.
But they weren't really.  I still had to do them/deal with them.  The difference was that I knew how the second time round.  Which is what  I'm finding now.  I know exactly what to do but I still have to get on and actually do it!!!!  And more importantly - I have to find the time to do it.
So, with that in mind, I started my preparations with an extremely important task that couldn't wait a moment longer - making a pretty 'to do' list.  It's pinned up in front of me as a jolly, happy reminder of the hellishly busy weeks ahead.
It will be worth it though - I can't actually wait to go to Surtex - it's the highlight of my year - just like having my babies was the highlight of my life.  No pain, no gain, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, you get out what you put in!!!  Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with all the preparations and the actual show.

    ReplyDelete