Friday, March 14, 2014

My work has been selected for the The UPPERCASE Surface Pattern Design Guide!




My work's going to be in a magazine!!  I've never been in a magazine before!  I'm so thrilled about this!!  These are the designs that were chosen.  The first two are pieces from a group I adapted from the Lilla Rogers MATS Part A Bromeliad Project  - the originals were plate designs but I thought they'd make lovely all-over fabric designs - I can actually see them on bedding - so I re-worked them. Who would have thought that 6 months later they'd be in Uppercase Magazine!


'The UPPERCASE Surface Pattern Design Guide will feature the best in established and up-and-coming surface pattern designers. By being part of the guide, your work will be exposed to an engaged and active readership of art and design buyers, potential clients, collaborators and consumers. This spring issue of UPPERCASE will be distributed free of charge to media at Surtex, the famed surface pattern licensing show this May in New York City. It will also be made readily available as a free pdf download available online. (Last year's Stationery Guide has had over 84,000 impressions via Issuu.)'

The work of 100 designers will be featured (many of whom I know from the Lilla Rogers courses) and I can't wait to see it!  It will be in Issue 21 April 2014.
You can see the promo video here and if you'd like to subscribe you can use this discount code - USPDG2014 - good for 15% off.  Here's the subscription link .

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I can't wait to see all the amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to get my hands on this guide and to say hi to you at surtex in nyc in may.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Victoria! Your work that was selected looks so beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing the guide, I'm sure it's going to be super inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I can't wait to see all the beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete